The 2023 Inaugural Hunter Indigenous Vocal Scholarship
The Music Teachers’ Association of NSW, Newcastle Committee, presents the inaugural 2023 Hunter Indigenous Vocal Scholarship. Check your eligibility & register your interest by 7th July 2023. Finalists selected by video audition. Award contested live July 29th.
Closing date: FRIDAY, July 7 2023
Sponsored by the Newcastle Branch
- Check criteria (available at www.mtansw.org.au)
- Complete Indigenous Scholarship Application Form with confirmation of Aboriginality.
- Record songs on video.
- Upload video to YouTube unlisted channel & note URL on Indigenous Scholarship Application Form OR attach MP4 file with Indigenous Scholarship Application Form.
- Email completed Indigenous Scholarship Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by FRIDAY, JULY 7th, 2023 at 5pm.
- This video application is for the consideration of an audition panel, from which finalists will be selected to sing at the live scholarship event on July 29th. Finalists will be notified by July 1st
- Be available for rehearsal on a date TBC.
- Be available for scholarship selection day SATURDAY, JULY 29th, 2023.
- Be available for scholarship winner return performance at the 2024 Scholarship event, or other event as determined by MTA NSW Newcastle Branch.
General Requirements for All Scholarships
1. Winner of the previous year is NOT eligible to enter the following year but may enter again the year after that.
2. Entrants who are or have been students of the adjudicator at any time during the last 12 months preceding this event, shall not be eligible to compete.
3. The MTA Newcastle Branch reserves the right to amend or refuse entry, to alter prizes, or cancel the event in the case of insufficient entries.
4. Entries must be submitted online via official registration website (i.e. TryBooking), with full details available from the website at www.mtansw.org.au.
5. Applicants must submit their registration by the due date. Late entries will not be accepted.
6. The decision of the MTA NSW Newcastle Branch in all questions of dispute arising out of, or not provided for by these regulations and conditions, will be final. No dispute will become the subject of any appeal by law.
7. These auditions are to be treated as a public performance and therefore are open to the public free of charge.
8. Entrants must present themselves at the door/desk at least 15 minutes prior to the starting time.
9. A copy of the music to be performed must be provided to the adjudicator. It should be handed in to the music coordinator on arrival. Original music must be collected by the competitor at the end of the adjudication. All care is taken, but no responsibility for music that is left behind. Photocopies will be destroyed.
10. Copyright laws will be strictly adhered to. The entrant must have an original copy (where available) in order to enter. The MTA NSW Newcastle Branch will not be liable for any copyright infringement.
11. Entrants should present themselves with a suitable standard of dress and stage manner.
12. Entrants must not be coached or prompted in any way while performing. This behaviour will result in immediate disqualification.
13. The use of recording devices is strictly prohibited and photography will not be allowed during performances. Failure to observe this may result in disqualification.
14. Any protest regarding a performer/interference etc. shall be lodged in writing with the convenor. The protest will be considered and decided upon within half an hour of the completion of these auditions and the decision will be final.
15. The decision of the adjudicator(s) will be final.
16. Entrants, or those associated with the entrant, will not communicate with the adjudicator(s) prior to or during the auditions.
17. The MTA NSW Newcastle Branch reserves the right to appoint a substitute adjudicator if necessary.