I teach the subjects of:
- Piano (from beginner and intermediate to advanced levels)
- AMEB Music Craft, Musicianship and Theory of Music (all grades, both face-to-face and online)
- ABRSM Music Theory (all grades, both face-to-face and online)
Where I teach:
- The Sydney City
- I am accredited with the NSW Education Standards Authority and approved to teach by the NSW Department of Education as a high school music teacher.
- I am an accredited piano teacher, accompanying pianist and music theory teacher with the Music Teachers’ Association of NSW.
I have been teaching the subjects of Piano, Music Theory and Aural Skills at the Australian Institute of Music for more than 10 years. I have also been teaching these subjects in my music studios for more than 15 years.
I am a graduate of the Sydney Conservatorium of Music with a major in Piano Performance and the University of New South Wales where I obtained my Master’s degree in Music Education.
As a music performer, I have given many solo piano as well as accompaniment performances at major events in Australia, New Zealand, China, South Korea and Singapore including performances at the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Town Hall, NSW Art Gallery, NSW Contemporary Art Gallery, Sydney Conservatorium of Music, Australian Institute of Music and New Zealand’s Gisbourne Music Festival. I frequently play piano accompaniment for students attending public performances, music competitions, eisteddfods, music scholarship auditions, HSC music exams and AMEB music exams. In 2018, I was invited as an official piano accompanist and an artistic advisor for the Singapore’s International Western Music Instrumental Championships.
As a music educator, I have taught many piano students from beginner and intermediate to advanced levels. Many of them have achieved High Distinctions in their AMEB piano exams. I have also taught tertiary students in music theory subjects offered by the universities. Many students whom I have taught and enrolled for AMEB Music Craft / Musicianship / Theory of Music and ABRSM Music Theory exams have achieved 100% or High Distinction. In 2015, the Australian Music Examinations Board awarded me a Certificate of Distinction for being one of the top 5 teachers in the category of most outstanding private teacher in Preliminary to Licentiate written subjects.