As a not-for-profit organisation, the MTA relies on volunteers. Our board and committee members are all volunteers. Your help allows us to do more for our members.
We would love you to consider registering with us as a volunteer, to help out at our events. Of course, all our volunteers are fully covered by our insurance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which events need volunteers?
- Professional development workshops
- Student concerts and masterclasses
- Junior Music Festivals
- Scholarship concerts
- Social events
What might I be asked to do?
Whatever you are asked to do, full instructions and training will be given! You won't be left feeling confused or unsupported. We might need you to:
- Help to set up or pack up at an event
- Sell tickets or take information at the door
- Introduce participants at JMFs or concerts (we'll give you a script!)
- Assist an adjudicator by getting music ready, taking messages, etc
- Serve tea and coffee
- Help backstage, e.g. guiding and directing performers
What happens if I register to volunteer?
- Your name will be put on a list of volunteers
- You will occasionally receive a phone call or email asking you to help out at a specific event
- You will given full training and instructions for any job we ask you to do
- You will not be asked to volunteer for more than 3 events a year (unless you tell us that's okay)
What kind of commitment is needed?
- It would be great if you could volunteer for between 1 and 3 events in a year
- Please be willing to say yes when you are asked!
- Please commit to the date, and try not to drop out at the last minute
What's in it for me?
Know that you are helping your MTA and your fellow music teachers! But also, if you volunteer at 3 events in one calendar year, you may choose one of the following:
- A free ticket to a Christmas lunch
- Free attendance at one of selected Professional Development workshops, valid for 1 year
I'm in! Where do I sign up?
Thank you! Please fill in the form below.
Thank you, we appreciate your help!